Sunday 5 January 2014

100 happy days challenge

I came across this website 100 happy days from my ex roomate who posted a pic in FB saying its her room that makes her happy #day1 and #100happydays. I was curious and logged into check what this was all about. Once I opened the website http://100happydays.com/ It was pretty cool and it challenged me whether I can be happy for 100 days in a row and probably realize how even small things matter. It does not have to be a nobel prize to give you a happiness kick. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you shouldnt cheat, else you are just wasting your time.

It has been just couple of days I have been into it. My first take on it is, it is blatantly staring in our face that our lives are so super busy and schedules dont allow us to waste time. Or what most of us think of as wasting time is actually what matter. This we havent realized.

Probably initial few days I would have so much to brag about that it makes me happy. When I thought further that is when I realized, things either get repetitive or you start to have a need to fake the happiness. Are you gonna say your job ... Really.. Dude think hard. You keep cribbing about it and the whole world knows about it. So are you gonna cheat saying my life is awesomer that yours. And this is totally not a competition where we are gonna win over others by proving how happy we are.

Second thing that hit me hard was - I need to share a photo of the thing that is making me so happy in that particular day. Then post it in a social site like FB or Twitter. I started facing the problem that either I am not able to click pic of that thing or not able to describe it or I am not able to access the social media from office or simply forgot to put my entry for the day. Well doesnt this describe our life in short.

Every year I take a resolution that I would call my mom everyday or be nice to my neighbours or will never loose temper. But then I realised I would simply forget after few days, not that I didnt want to put the effort but it just goes away from my mind. How much ever simple it might seem, I realized this is a tough contest and 100 days seems  long. But that is where the fun lies.

Well what are you waiting for.. are you up for the challenge. Lets see you at the finishing line. Hope to be wiser if not saner :)



No comments:

Post a Comment