Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hippies bole hadippa in Hyderabad

It was my roommate's wedding. Well it was the perfect filmy wedding that one could have asked for. Ladka ladki close friends, go on a trip to a perfect destination Leh Ladakh, ladki about to get married, ladka confesses, ladki well accepts, convinces gharwale to cancel the engagement ( in real cinema it would have been the wedding but this is more blood and flesh so itna'ich milega ) Two happy families that lived happily ever after ( atleast till now and i believe they will do so :)  )

You know what a love story does to my heart ... it makes me go swoooshhhh. To add it the wedding is in Hyderabad where my roomie was from. ( Most of my roomies were from there :P so this is one of the roomie who just had the awesomest story and the guy was also our colleague :P so all the better ) My office bestie agreed to accompany me to the wedding. Well bestie and roomie added each other on FB after the wedding that is good enough of an acquaintance to go all the way down south for celebrations, free food and exploring.

 This trip means a lot to me because I am finicky. Finicky about travels. I spend my most time, energy and resources planning for one thing - trips and I need it to be perfect - "The people i go with". How much ever i show that I am fine with any company, any sorta trip. well the truth is... it is never enough. I need it to be just perfect. Just enough luxury, just enough time, just enough spend and maximum adventure and more of all maximum flexibility to accommodate numerous last moment additions to see more in the time we had. Basically give it all to the trip and not laze around. And loads and loads of pictures. It forms my memories. Each place we went, probably capture all the situational jokes. And Closest - one can come to was my bestie. Enough i cant give more credit here. Sorry boss!!!

Because it was a marriage between colleagues there was a whole battalion that was planning to come. Just that my plan was to go ahead, utilize the weekend.I had taken KC's camera.

We left mumbai and reached hyd at 4 am. Till the previous late night we hadnt confirmed with the bride that we are reaching and had no clue about where to go. Well yours truely forgot her invitation copy at home. :D

The bride herself ( this is the nth time i am typing bride as bridge :P ) came to pick us up. She wanted a break from all the pampering. :) I thought we girls never get tired of pampering. The first impression of the city was pretty good. The wide roads got me to awe. Even as we reached the house, there was still no decoration. We just realized we are too early for the wedding :P We went inside, met everyone, had COFFEE, Filter Coffee. Let me just say it once more I had filter coffee :) We looked around this palacial place that I have been hearing about for last 4 years and we then settled in her house for planning. We realized she herself has not stayed in the city to know lot of stuff :P Well even I have been there once so I knew only an iota less than her :P Enters Bhabhi. She is this most awesomest person I have ever met. Always elegant, keeping her cool against the hyper lot we were. She knew the city inside out. We charted out our plan with help of google maps. We took bath, ate home made and mom made upma with hyderabadi achars - Yummm

The idea was to cover Salar Jung Museum, eat authentic biriyani, loaf around Charminar, Chudibazaar and
Birla Mandir
NTR Garden
Hussain Sagar Lake
Lumbini Gardens
Himayat Sagar Lake
Tank Bund
Eat Street
Abids
Karachi Bakery

Day 2: Ramoji Film City and returned in time for sangeet and all the dancing around
Day 3: Catching up with friends and actual wedding festivities
Day 4: Golconda Fort and return back in time to catch train


After this trip I was not able to plan anything much with bestie. According to me I would wait for a fun trip rather than just compromise on the quality :) Coz not many can understand travel, exploring is adventure to many but its a religion to few.

2 comments: