Monday 26 March 2012

Gore Gore Mukhde pe kala kala chasma

It was one of my prized possessions. "WAS" :'( I didnt know till then i used to immortalize and anthropomorphize the things i own ( FYI: anthropomorphism is Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena. - which all riders do - they name their bikes and talk to them etc )
 
My eye piece was part and parcel of me in all my trips. Its like I am so used to seeing things through the tinted colors. Most of the harsh realities are probably filtered like how i am protected even in blazing sunlight. And it would just make this world a better place and definitely a more liveable, loveable and beautiful place.

It was much more special because it was a gift from a close friend. A friend who wanted to see the lot of places, explore not just about himself but also this whole wide world and who wanted adventure to be his middle name. {Some asked if Maverick was his father's name lol and facebook refused to let him change his name back. I knew for girls were allowed to change their names in the name of marriage and for once as a guy he was in vulnerable position lol)

Life never allows things to go smooth. No one's life is hunky dory when someone has so much fun and smiles never cease to appear from the faces with whom he is. Jokes, pranks, fun were like an ever flowing drought less river. Shor na machaya toh mazaa nahi aaya. Professors hates him for the pranks and for disturbing the few who were pretending to listen to his boring lectures  - he believed in learning practical stuff rather than snoring away in class.

I guess there is only a portion of happiness allotted to each one of us. I am sure he surpassed the limit long before. He definitely lived his life as if it was the last but we were not ready for it. Even in coma he always has a serene contented look when his whole fragile body used to move to rhythm of the ventilator. I really pity how his mother would have taken it, whole family praying outside his room waiting for a miracle to happen. I, supposedly a lion heart, fainted in the ICU at the mere look of how a split second changed the fate of our lives. I say our lives because it was us who endured the pain even after the bed he occupied became available again.Trust me I really wished it was just the smell of chemicals in the hospital that nauseated me.

Probably he achieved more than what we ever did, more mature than all of us and playful than all of us. I feel he would have floated around and checked out the whole world that he wanted to travel and more and probably beyond. All I could probably give as tribute is few smiles thinking if he was still around and take the gogs through most of my journeys. To ensure you see the world through my eyes in case you have missed it.

As you wished you had your adventure when it happened to you, you wanted to ride till death. We all talk about passion for riding but somewhere I still find the purpose!!! The goggle that covers the most expressive part of us, does sometimes hide the deepest pain.

First of all I almost left it at home, but was generously allowed a delay of few minutes to go get for the ride. Just before going to the beach I even asked my room partner not to wear it but I also landed up wearing it. As usual was alone and aloof in the waters enjoying my "My Time" when Host comes to lure me into a swimming race. Just when I dived, the huge wave washed away my goggles.

4 comments:

  1. Giggle's goggles...the sea luvd it so took it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gal te dukhi karan wali hai-chashmen kinne menhge aande ne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hun sochdi hain ki papa da aviators churalavan.. :D hor koi rasta hi nahi chadiya yeh samundar ne

      Delete
  3. B-)
    Never knew those glasses had such a story in background...and also that you know Punjabi :P

    ReplyDelete