Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Virgin Beach Ride - Hedvi

I am not sure if I can call it a ride as I spent most of the time in the car - as usual the official photographer. So much that i really wanted to put my face out and even my tongue like a doggie. But the AC was on , hence the windows was up.

I was working late, late enough to leave directly for the ride. No brownie points for guessing that. Had a really hectic time. Not just that week, been hectic for few weeks in succession. Had half a mind to ditch the ride. Colleague's nani was hospitalized. Many unexplainable reasons, i was not feeling not upto it.

Vinni calls me from Delhi, "Are you going for the ride?"

"Mostly No!!!"

"Are you gonna go to Delhi to take care of her?"

"No, So shut up and ride" He was of the impression I was not gonna ride because he was not there. Paaji offered I can come in his car. So this trip is gonna be full of comfort.

Still I had plans to give dandi at the last moment when Josh called and did a very good act of emotional blackmail. He nailed it at a point where I couldnt have said NO!!! Shaana!!!

Locha came to pick me up in the morning. I met Raj's wife Mini. Had this instant liking for her as how everyone predicted. Another one of the lovely couple. Close competition from Anand and Shwetha :) Touch wood and God Bless.

Rode till Datta Vada Pav at Panvel. My Wind Cheater did its best to keep me warm but I was going brrrr, hiding behind Locha. We discussed professions on the way. And some random talks. There was more to Locha's sheepish smile. I realized it was never sheepish but contained a mysteriously naughty grin. I met the other - Josh was showing full atti being the Ride Captain and sported a supposedly Ranbir's look in rockstar. Later realized he was under pressure to make it smooth for us.

Had severe headache because of lack of sleep and I tended to hog to offset it. After breakfast and awesome 2 rounds of chai, we started! Addu followed us - I am sure he would have almost half the distance. It is very difficult to get separated. Wouldnt have even reached Penn, Paaji's car's clutch plate was gone. Vedd ji tried as much to drive the car but the car just wouldnt accelerate.

Paaji, Cherryl Mam, Raj, Mini, Deelux spent next few hours waiting in a temple with blaring pious songs.. shor na macha ya toh bhagwaan nahi aaya!!!

Crazy brahmin theories by Punit Ji

The usual gossip with Cherryl Mam

Gaalis to Vinni - Khud toh aaya nahi mujhe bheja diya ride pe

Only time, I got on to the bike was when someone was tired of sitting as pillion. In one such short period of time and best part this was the last stretch of ride for that day ( how dumb giggle thats why ppl were tired :P
 )  I noticed that the clouds were dense enough to cover the moon. Then it struck me, it was eclipse. Oh it was a lovely experience and I would call it the highlight of the TRIP ( would it be fair enough to call it a ride )

Also i got to know why it is actually called as Virgin Beach - The roads were literally pitch dark ( not entirely due to Eclipse but otherwise also) and trust me - we had no clue where we were headed and are we on the correct path.

Finally when we reached, the eclipse was not yet over. That means no food nor chai paani. We were too late to take a dip in the sea. Usual get to know sessions till late night. And ofcourse the Food :) This was the first time i had soulkadi - Maharashtrian dishes. And some photo/Video sessions Thanks to Josh's room arrangements I got to know Shwetha my roomie 

Had grand plans of waking up at 5 am to make up for the missed dip in the sea in the night. I had forgot my chappal at home, so borrowed oversized slipons from a fellow freshbie rider ( Thanks!!! ) Me, Locha, Punit ji, Shwetha and Anand went to the sea. ( psstt.. Anand is scared of water .. Dont tell anyone ) Locha wandered off to become a sanyasi for few hours. Me and Punit could literally visualize Swami Vivekananda in Locha. Awww watta sight. hehhe

Return was the same and as expected. More photoshoot. Gossip. Break downs. Found close friends in Punit Ji, Locha in this trip. :) I am sure you guys regret it :P But you cant help it. Few win and others lose :P

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I told you those Goan Brahmin theories at resort :P
    And, you could use few of the pics we took...and how can we forget the mysterious pics Locha took...that we are yet to see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was truely mysterious - i have asked him in all possible mediums - personally, SMS, BBM, FB, FB Chat... Now i have run out of options.

    ReplyDelete